Kevin A. Chrzanowski
Kevin A. Chrzanowski joined Zukowski, Rogers, Flood & McArdle in 2007 after serving as a McHenry County assistant state’s attorney. Chrzanowski’s practice currently focuses on such areas as:
- municipal and local government law
- mechanic’s liens
- construction law
- forcible entry and detainer
- municipal traffic prosecution
- land use and development
- municipal administrative adjudication prosecution
- criminal law (traffic, misdemeanors, ordinance violations)
- civil litigation matters
For a list highlighting Chrzanowski’s various recent appellate cases and Rule 23 orders during his time at Zukowski, Rogers, Flood & McArdle, please link to the following experience list.
Born in Elgin, Chrzanowski attended Hoffman Estates High School before graduating magna cum laude from both Bradley University and Northern Illinois University College of Law, where he was a member of the law review. He currently resides in Huntley.
McHenry County Bar Association (vice president of Criminal Law Section, 2013-’14); Illinois State Bar Association; Illinois Institute for Local Government Law Municipal Prosecutors Group
Before joining Zukowski, Rogers, Flood & McArdle because of the firm’s size and reputation, Chrzanowski was an assistant state’s attorney in the McHenry County state’s attorney’s office. His responsibilities in the civil division included prosecuting violations of the county’s zoning ordinance, health ordinance and building codes. He also advised county officials on compliance with the Freedom of Information Act and the Open Meetings Act, and drafted county ordinances. Chrzanowski represented both McHenry County and the people of the state of Illinois in civil litigation.
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Author, “Failure to Activate Squad Car Audio is Not Sanctionable Under People v. Kladis,” ZRFM Local Government Law Newsletter, Aug. 27, 2014
- Quoted, “Illinois speeders would keep driver’s licenses under proposed bill,” Northwest Herald, April 1, 2014
- Author, “Drivers May Not Retrospectively Invalidate Driving While License Suspended Tickets,” ZRFM Local Government Law Newsletter, March 5, 2014
- Speaker, “Administrative Adjudication,” Illinois Municipal League Annual Convention, Chicago, October 2013
- Author, “Prosecution Might Not ‘Blow’ Its Case by Failing to Comply with Breathalyzer Regulations,” ZRFM Local Government Law Newsletter, July 23, 2013
- Author, “Concerns with Court Ruling on Suspended License Violations,” ZRFM Local Government Law Newsletter, Feb. 28, 2013
- Author, “High Court May Review Parking Ticket Privacy Issues,” ZRFM Local Government Law Newsletter, Feb. 13, 2013
- Author, “Driver’s License Bill for “Temporary Visitors”,” ZRFM Local Government Law Newsletter, Jan. 3, 2013