Divorce & Family Law
The family law practice group at Zukowski, Rogers, Flood & McArdle has more than 60 years of divorce litigation experience. In that time, ZRFM divorce lawyers have handled over 2,000 divorce cases.
Our attorneys always listen to settlement offers and advise you openly when they consider an offer unreasonable. In such cases, we are happy to let a judge decide any contested issues in a hearing.
The ZRFM family law group’s approach to divorce is to assist and counsel the whole person. We realize divorce is a traumatic experience. You require legal advice about divorce issues and a financial settlement, but you also may need guidance on reconciliation, taxes, real estate and business valuation, psychological and career counseling, and child custody and care.
As the largest law firm in McHenry County, ZRFM can assist you with many of these issues. We have attorneys at our firm with experience in many of these areas, including a CPA with an extensive tax and business valuation background. Several of our lawyers have extensive real estate credentials. We also have a network of professionals and resources that may be of value to you.
In the end, the ZRFM family law group is here to help you through the difficulties of a divorce. Our goal not only is to negotiate a favorable financial resolution for you, but also to help you through the emotional difficulty that accompanies a divorce.
For an extensive magazine profile about the approach employed by the Zukowski, Rogers, Flood & McArdle divorce law team — including Richard G. Flood, Melissa J. Cooney, Elizabeth Felt Wakeman, Anthony J. Sassan, and Timothy J. Clifton — please view the reprint from the 2011 edition of Leading Lawyers Magazine Consumer Edition.
Divorce & Family Law Experience
The six divorce lawyers at Zukowski, Rogers, Flood & McArdle focus on several areas of family law:
- Dissolution of Marriage (Divorce)
- Child Custody, Care and Visitation
- Child Support and Maintenance (Alimony)
- Post Decree (After Divorce) Issues and Appeals
- Prenuptial and Antenuptial Agreements
- Civil Unions and Dissolution
- Marital Property, Marital Assets and Business Assets
- Tax and Financial Planning in a Divorce
- Domestic Violence and Orders of Protection
Our Certified Divorce Financial Analyst
Judith L. Haack, a longtime Zukowski, Rogers, Flood & McArdle paralegal, is the only in-house Certified Divorce Financial Analyst at a McHenry County law firm. With her training and education, she can provide ZRFM clients the following services:
- Analyzing the income available for support to determine someone’s actual income and cash flow
- Analyzing life style to determine how money was spent during a marriage, both qualitatively and quantitatively
- Tracing non-material assets to provide any evidence of separate property interests and reimbursements
- Performing special needs analysis to determine support necessary for a special needs child
- Securitizing support analysis in the event of the premature death of the supporting party
- Analyzing the financial impact, after tax, of dividing property and providing or receiving child support and maintenance, if any
- Analyzing the short- and long-term financial impact of a settlement.
Established in 1993, the Institute for Divorce Financial Analysts™ is the premier national organization dedicated to the certification, education and promotion of the use of financial professionals in the divorce process. Judith L. Haack is one of only 80 accredited CDFAs in Illinois.
Contact Us Today
ZRFM has seen time and again that the human spirit can triumph as it heals and reconnects after a divorce. The processes of adoptions and civil unions also can be emotionally draining until they are resolved. Our six family law attorneys and our group’s other professionals welcome the chance to speak with you. We believe chemistry is everything in a family law practice, so we invite you to interview our lawyers and other competent attorneys before you reach a decision.
To schedule a meeting in our law offices in Crystal Lake, Chicago, or Oak Brook, please visit our contact page to start the process. We will respond promptly.